There can be few North Devon experiences quite as magical as exploring the coast on Stand-Up Paddleboards. You are as close to nature as you can be. At the Academy we offer guided S.U.P. tours and Intro days.
This part of the North Devon coast is as beautiful as you will find and there is no better way of exploring it than with the Academy Team.
This is a completely different kind of experience from surfing – Devon at its most serene and peaceful taking in secluded coves and hidden caves.
To take part in this wonderful adventure activity, you will need to have a reasonable level of fitness, acquired basic paddling skills and completed our Intro session or have had lessons elsewhere.
The ideal opportunity is to enroll on our 3 session S.U.P. special course which will introduce you to S.U.P, teach you the basics, refine your paddling technique, introduce you to a variety of equipment and culminate in our guided S.U.P. tour.
* Please note that whilst this is a 2/3hr session it is not continuous paddling and whilst we expect you to have a reasonable level of fitness we are not expecting you to be an Olympic athlete!! What’s more you can be rest assured you will be guided by fully qualified S.U.P. instructors with exceptional knowledge of not only their operating environment but also highly skilled teachers and safety officers. *
** Half and full day hire for all equipment also available **
Stand-up Paddle boarding courses
|Introduction to Stand-up Paddle boarding (Weds or Sat)||£40 per person|
|S.U.P. Taster Session||£40 per person|
|Open Water Paddle Experience||£45 per person|
|S.U.P. Coastal Day Tour – Including Lunch||£105 per person|
- Meeting point: The Academy
- We will supply: All equipment & wetsuit
- Class size: approx. 6 persons
- *For larger groups – please enquire*